CSU Admission RequirementsA. History/Social Science - 2 years1 year of U.S. History or 1 semester of U.S. History and 1 semester of Civicsor American Government AND 1 year of Social ScienceB. English - 4 years requiredCollege Preparatory English Composition and LiteratureC. Mathematics - 3 years required, 4 recommendedAlgebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, or Higher Mathematics (take one each year)D. Laboratory Science - 2 years required, 3 recommended1 Biological Science and 1 Physical ScienceE. Language Other Than English - 2 years required, 3 recommended2 years of the same Language; American Sign Language is ApplicableF. Visual and Performing Arts - 1 year requiredDance, Drama or Theater, Music, or Visual ArtG. College Preparatory Electives - 1 year requiredAdditional Year chosen from the University of California "A-G" listTroy's UC & CSU approved A-G listhttps://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselistIn order to be eligible to attend any school in the University ofCalifornia (UC) or the California State University (CSU) systems as afreshman, you must take certain classes in high school. These classesare known as the "A-G Subjects:"Cal State High School Dashboard DataUC & CSU Comparison Chart 2020Cal State Application ProcessCal State ApplyThe CSU website is designed to help students and their families learn aboutthe California State University (CSU) system. The CSU is comprised of 23 excellent campuses. Cal State assists students in planning for college,in selecting the appropriate CSU campus to attend, in planning how tofinance their education, and in applying for admission.Freshman ApplicationsApplication Information for First-time First-year students.Paying for CollegeTips on how to cover college costs.CampusesEOP ProgramTheEducational Opportunity Program is designed to improve access andretention of historically low-income and educationally disadvantagedstudents. The program provides admission and academic assistance toEOP-eligible undergraduate students. In many cases, the program offersfinancial assistance to eligible students.Eligibility IndexYour Eligibility Index is calculated using your grade point average (GPA) and your ACT or SAT score. The index will help tell if you’re eligible for admission to the CSU. Please be advised that due to impaction, many campuses have supplemental admission criteria. You can review campus-specific information at Impacted Undergraduate Majors and Campuses.*Additional Information*
CSUF President's Scholars
- Filing period is October 1-November 30
- Honors/AP/IB courses receive an extra grade point in grades 10-11.
- Personal statement is not required
- Letters of recommendation are not required or accepted
What are the Benefits?
Those who are selected for the President's Scholars Program are rewarded with outstanding resources. The four-year scholarship includes the following:
- Full payment of all in-state CSU tuition and fees for 4 (four) consecutive academic years
- Annual $750.00 stipend for books and other materials
- Complimentary parking permits ($236.00) for fall and spring semesters
- Personal use of a new Apple or Dell laptop computer for all 4 (four) years
- Highest and earliest priority registration for classes each semester
- Automatic admission to the University Honors Program
- Access to the Center for Scholars which offers academic support services including: private computer lab, free printing services, holistic advising, and class-level programming
- Priority consideration for on-campus housing, as well as the opportunity to live on the Honors and Scholars themed-floor (NOTE: housing fees not covered by scholarship)
- Exclusive recognition awarded to graduating Scholars at the Honors Convocation and University Commencement ceremonies
- Priority consideration for on-campus employment, study-abroad experiences, and professional development opportunities
- Direct invitations from the University President to attend private events
- Membership into the President's Scholars Student Association: an official student organization that develops social activities, service events, and leadership opportunities for our scholars
- Letters of recommendation for graduate school and job references following graduation from Cal State Fullerton
- And much more!
Guaranteed Accounting Program 4+1 (GAP4+1)Get your degree faster, develop employment skills and contacts, and save money with CSUF-Irvine Campus and Irvine Valley College’s GAP4+1 Pathway Program to a master’s degree in five years (compared to the national average of 6.5 years*).This unique pathway program — a partnership between Irvine Valley College (IVC) and Cal State Fullerton (CSUF) — will enable you to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in four years and a master’s degree with one more additional year (thus GAP4+1). CSUF’s Accounting Department is highly acclaimed, with employers heavily recruiting for its graduates. CSUF is one of only five California universities that is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business in both accounting and business.Master’s Degree ChoiceThis program is flexible and allows you to earn a master’s degree in:
CareersWith one of the master’s degrees offered above, your career can take you into accounting firms for assurance (audit), tax or consultancy; into private industry in the fields of planning, administration, controllership or finance; or into the worlds of asset management, banking, investment analyst, securities and investment consultants. From the time you entered as a freshman, this program focuses on developing employment related skills.
- Accountancy and Finance;
- Taxation; or
California State University Fullerton
Army ROTC / Military ScienceWe are currently accepting applications for California State University Fullerton's Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) beginning Fall. As fellow educators, we know High School Seniors are preparing for life after graduation and college application is a priority. This email is simply an invitation offering support to your high school from the CSUF Army ROTC program staff.The below steps are for CSUF Fall application and how to start the process for the campus based Army ROTC scholarship.Apply for CSU-Fullerton October 1st through November 30th.Contact us about Army ROTC scholarships after CSUF application is complete.Learn more about the ROTC Program and the campus based ROTC Scholarship (includes full tuition, book and monthly stipend). We offer new college students Military Science 101, a non-obligatory 3 credit college class introducing them to Army ROTC and how to become a commissioned Officer in the United States Army, Army Reserve or National Guard. We are available to answer questions, provide program tours and visit your classroom for ROTC presentations upon your request.
Thehighly interactive website features blogs, videos, social mediaelements and comprehensive information and resources for middle schooland high school students, parents, teachers and counselors.Additional Useful University Website ToolASSIST Student Transfer Info.- http://www.assist.org/web-assist/welcome.html“ASSISTis a computerized student-transfer information system that can beaccessed over the World Wide Web. It displays reports of how coursecredits earned at one California college or university can be appliedwhen transferred to another. ASSIST- is the official repository ofarticulation for California’s colleges and universities and thereforeprovides the most accurate and up-to-date information available aboutstudent transfer in California.”