TT Prospective Students
The shortcut to this page is applicants.troyhigh.com Troy Tech welcomes eighth grade applicants throughout Southern California. Applicants outside the Fullerton Joint Union High School District begin the inter-district transfer process after acceptance. Information Flyer available HERE and hard copies in the school office. Postcard animated graphic HERE, English postcard, Korean, Chinese, Spanish. @WeAreTroyTech
On campus events:
- January 16, 2019: TT/IB Student-Focused Information Night Presentation, North Gym 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- January 24, 2019: Troy Open House for the entire campus from 6:00-7:30 p.m. including current and prospective students.
- Our administrators provide campus tours at 9am on January 11, 18, and 25. Details at this LINK.
Troy Tech/IB/Honors Testing for Current 8th Graders
- Application: Applicants are encouraged to register online AT THIS LINK between December 1, 2018 and January 23, 2019; however, applications are available at the testing and walk-ins are welcomed. Your application will be processed upon the parent AND student’s sign-in on the test date.
- Testing: January 12, 19, or 26, 2019 (select one) from 7:30-11:45 a.m. Check-in at North Gym 7:15 a.m. Bring student photo id or passport, printout of 8th grade schedule listing current math course, and a parent to sign documents. Testing covers mid-year eighth grade content in English and math. The test format is multiple choice questions and an English essay. The best preparation for testing is successful progress in a challenging eighth grade course of study. See Application instructions and FAQ 2018-2019 for more information.
- Notification: Approximately March 1, 2019 - Letters of notification will be mailed to homes of all applicants. Acceptance letters include March registration time.
- Registration: Several evenings in March. In the Lecture Hall, counselors, administrators and program coordinators will assist students in this final step of enrollment for the freshman year. Attendance at the assigned meeting is mandatory and represents commitment to attend Troy High School.
Troy Tech Fair & Incoming Student Welcome - April 25, 2019 Welcome Event 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. for incoming students and families. Troy Tech Fair in the North and South Gyms, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. featuring the Troy Tech Senior Interns and their Internships.
Find us on social media: @WeAreTroyTech
For college acceptance data, search for Troy High School on UC Acceptances CSU Acceptances. Out of the 25 colleges to which Troy seniors most apply, applicants have an average 12% higher acceptance rate. Compared to the national average, Troy acceptance rates are 25% higher at USC and Caltech, 21% higher at UC Berkeley, and 5% higher at Stanford.
Troy Tech Pathways:
- Media - Adobe Photoshop and Premiere certifications, Troy Productions, Omnia daily broadcast, Oracle newspaper, Illium yearbook. Recognized at All American HS Film Festival, OC Register Varsity Arts, OC Journalism Education Assoc. Dual credit options and IB.
- Business - Dual credit options, certifications in Word, Excel, and Business, and IB. FBLA has over 250 student members and competes at nationals each year.
- Computer Science - 4 years of programming. AP and IB exams qualify for college credit. Recognized #1 CS program in the world by College Board. Programming contest champions Code Quest, LA Progfest, and Wittry. eSports, Data Science, and other clubs.
- Cyber Defense - CompTIA certifications. Largest competitive program in the US with 300 students. CyberPatriot National Champions 2018.
- Engineering - SolidWorks CSWA certification and IB. FIRST Robotics Team participates in annual build competition.
- Governmental Leadership - Over 320 cadets in largest program West of MS. #1 NJROTC program California. Competitive teams black, red, INSECT, SeaPerch, orienteering, and marksmanship.
Senior Internships - Students complete the program with a 150-hour experience at a business site or university with a professional mentor. About 400 seniors earn internship credit each summer. Troy Tech Advisors guide students as they secure internships.
For more information, review the links below or call the Troy Tech/IB Office at 714-626-4425.