TT Prospective Students
The shortcut to this page is applicants.troyhigh.com Troy Tech welcomes eighth grade applicants throughout Southern California. Applicants outside the Fullerton Joint Union High School District begin the inter-district transfer process after acceptance.
Informational flyer for 2020-2021 applicants HERE. Postcard here in English, Korean, Chinese, Spanish.
Parent & Student Information Events
- Tours: Tours for 8th grade families will be held on November 19 and December 3 from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a parking permit; please use the subject line "Troy Tech Tour" include parent and student name and the preferred date.
- December 4, 2019: Troy Tech Visitation Afternoon from 3:30-4:30 p.m. with selected classrooms open representing each department, general information sessions in Library, athletic activities, and more.
- January 15, 2020: Troy Tech/IB Student-Focused Information Night Presentation, North Gym 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- January 22, 2020: Troy Open House for the entire campus from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. including current and prospective students
Troy Tech/IB/Honors Testing for Current 8th Graders
- Application: Applicants are encouraged to register online between December 1, 2019 and January 22, 2020 at applicants.troyhigh.com; however, applications are available at the testing and walk-ins are welcome. Your application will be processed upon the parent AND student’s sign-in on the test date.
- Testing: January 11, 18, or 25, 2020 (select one) from 7:30-11:45 a.m. Check-in at North Gym 7:15 a.m. Bring student photo id or passport, printout of 8th grade schedule listing current math course, and a parent to sign documents. Testing covers mid-year eighth grade content in English and math. The test format is multiple choice questions and an English essay. The best preparation for testing is successful progress in a challenging eighth grade course of study.
- Notification: Approximately March 1, 2020 - Letters of notification will be emailed to all applicants. Acceptance letters include assigned March registration time.
Ready for college: #1 Best College Prep Public High School in Los Angeles Area and OC 2020, Niche. 79% Class of 2019 met the entrance requirements for California 4-year public universities. 74% of Troy High School applicants were accepted to a UC campus UC Acceptances. 37% Class of 2019 applicants to Caltech were accepted compared to a 7% national average. 15% Class of 2019 applicants to Brown were accepted compared to an 8.5% national average.
Troy Tech Pathways:
- Media - Adobe Certified Associate (ACA), Troy Productions, Omnia daily broadcast, Oracle newspaper, Illium yearbook. All American HS Film Festival, OC Artist of the Year Finalist. Dual credit options and IB.
- Business - Dual credit options, certifications in Microsoft Office and Business, and IB. FBLA 2nd Place state finals 2019 and annual national competition.
- Computer Science - AP and IB exams qualify for college credit. College Board #1 CS program in the world. Programming contests 1st Place Wittry, 2nd Place HSPC Cal Poly Pomona 2019. Competitive Esports.
- Cyber Defense - CompTIA certifications. Largest competitive program in the U.S. with 300 students. CyberPatriot National Champions 2019, Girls Go Cyber State Champions 2019. Cyber course progression explanation.
- Engineering - SolidWorks CSWA certification and IB. FIRST Robotics Team participates in annual OC and LA build competitions.
- Governmental Leadership -Largest CA NJROTC 300 cadets. Participated in 7 national championships 2019 including 2nd Place JLAB Academics and 4th Place Drill. Hosted Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient.
Senior Internships - Students complete the program with a 150-hour experience at a business site or university with a professional mentor. About 400 seniors earn internship credit each summer. Troy Tech Advisors guide students as they secure internships.
For more information, review the links below or call the Troy Tech/IB Office at 714-626-4425.