TT Prospective Students 2023-2024
Troy Tech welcomes all 8th grade applicants; applicants outside Fullerton Joint Union High School District begin the inter-district transfer process after acceptance. Shortcut for this page: applicants.troyhigh.com
For questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-626-4425.
INFORMATIONAL FLYER UPDATED 9-29-22Parent & Student Information Events Format of events and testing is subject to change. Check applicants.troyhigh.com
- December 7, 2022: Troy Tech Visitation Afternoon from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. with classrooms representing each department, general information session, student clubs, athletic activities, and more.
- January 18, 2023: Troy Tech/IB/Cambridge Information Night, North Gym 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. followed by Open House 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Campus Tours: In-person tours for 8th grade families will be held on November 8, 15, 29, and December 6 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Ladera Vista Families ONLY tour will be held on November 16 from 2:45 - 4:00 p.m. Reservations are REQUIRED; click HERE to reserve and receive a parking permit. Questions can be directed to email@example.com
- Submit your email at THIS LINK to receive reminders for prospective student events through January 2023.
Troy Tech/IB/Cambridge/Honors Testing for Current 8th grade students is January 14, 21, and 28, 2023.
To learn more about Troy and the Troy Tech/IB/Cambridge Programs, review the Troy Programs Sheet, the Virtual Information Night from Jan 20, 2022 HERE (hosted by Troy Omnia youtube.com/trhsomnia), and the campus Tour Video HERE.
- Application: Applicants are encouraged to register online for testing between December 1, 2022, and January 25, 2023 at applicants.troyhigh.com; however, applications are available at the testing and walk-ins welcome.
- Testing: January 14, 21, or 28, 2023 (select one) from 7:30-11:45 a.m. Check-in at 7:15 a.m.; January 14 check-in at Library and January 21/28 at North Gym. Bring student photo id or passport and printout of 8th grade schedule listing current math course. Testing covers midyear eighth grade content in math and English, and the format includes multiple-choice questions and an English essay. The best preparation for testing is successful progress in a challenging eighth grade course of study.
- Notification: By March 1, 2023, notifications will be emailed to all applicants. Acceptance emails will include March registration time and instructions.
Troy information from past events Jan 2021 Info Night Agenda and Recording. VIRTUAL Open House LINKS. Troy Tech Video video made by TT Media students/IB Film HL2 class about Troy Tech and Pathways. January 2022 Application Instructions and FAQ HERE.
Ready for college: #1 Best Public High School in Orange County 2022, Niche. 80% Class of 2021 met the entrance requirements for California 4-year public universities. 77% of Troy High School applicants were accepted to a UC campus UC Acceptances. 99% of Troy's students attend colleges and universities.
Troy Tech Pathways:
- Media - Adobe Certified Associate (ACA), Troy Productions, Omnia daily broadcast, Oracle newspaper, Illium yearbook. All American HS Film Festival NY, OC Artist of the Year. IB and Cambridge.
- Business - FBLA is incorporated into the pathway; FBLA received 2nd Place SSLC 2021 and participated at nationals. IB and Cambridge options.
- Computer Science - AP, IB and Cambridge exams qualify for college credit. College Board #1 CS program in the world. Programming contests, clubs and competitive Esports.
- Cyber Defense - CompTIA A+ and ITF+ certifications. Largest competitive program in the U.S. with over 300 students. Three-time CyberPatriot National Champions 2021/2019/2018, Only Female Cybersecurity All-American 2020. Cyber course progression explanation. You are invited to join Troy's Cyber Defense Summer Camp 2022 for Grades K-8.
- Engineering - SolidWorks CSWA certification, IB and Cambridge. FIRST Robotics Team participates in annual OC and LA build competitions.
- Governmental Leadership - Largest CA NJROTC 275 cadets. Three Service Academy Appointments and seven ROTC scholarships 2020 (combined total $2.6 million educational value and opportunity to be commissioned as an Officer). Underwater Robotics team qualified for the International SeaPerch Challenge. Most Outstanding Program CA and Arizona 2020.
Senior Internships - Students complete the program with a 150-hour experience at a business site or university with a professional mentor. Virtual and in-person options. About 400 seniors earn internship credit each summer. Troy Tech Advisors guide students as they secure internships.
Find us on social media: @WeAreTroyTech
For more information, review this website or call the Troy Tech/IB Office at 714-626-4425.