TT Prospective Students 2023-2024
Troy Tech welcomes all 8th grade applicants; applicants outside Fullerton Joint Union High School District begin the inter-district transfer process after acceptance. Shortcut for this page: applicants.troyhigh.com
For questions, email@example.com or 714-626-4425.
INFORMATIONAL FLYER UPDATED 9-29-22Parent & Student Information Events Format of events and testing is subject to change. Check applicants.troyhigh.com
- December 7, 2022: Troy Tech Visitation Afternoon from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. with classrooms representing each department, general information session, student clubs, athletic activities, and more.
- January 18, 2023: Troy Tech/IB/Cambridge Information Night, North Gym 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. followed by Open House 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Campus Tours: In-person tours for 8th grade families will be held on November 8, 15, 29, and December 6 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Ladera Vista Families ONLY tour will be held on November 16 from 2:45 - 4:00 p.m. Reservations are REQUIRED; click HERE to reserve and receive a parking permit. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your email at THIS LINK to receive reminders for prospective student events through January 2023.
Troy Tech/IB/Cambridge/Honors Testing for Current 8th grade students is January 14, 21, and 28, 2023.
To learn more about Troy/Troy Tech/IB/Cambridge Programs, review the Troy Programs Sheet, the Virtual Information Night from January 2022 HERE (hosted by Troy Omnia), the Campus Tour Video HERE, and the Troy Tech Video made by Media pathway students about Troy Tech and Pathways.
- Application: Applicants are encouraged to register online for testing between December 1, 2022, and January 25, 2023 at applicants.troyhigh.com; however, applications are available at the testing and walk-ins welcome.
- Testing: January 14, 21, or 28, 2023 (select one) from 7:30-11:45 a.m. Check-in at 7:15 a.m.; January 14 check-in at Library and January 21/28 at North Gym. Bring student photo id or passport and printout of 8th grade schedule listing current math course. Testing covers midyear eighth grade content in math and English, and the format includes multiple-choice questions and an English essay. The best preparation for testing is successful progress in a challenging eighth grade course of study.
- Notification: By March 1, 2023, notifications will be emailed to all applicants. Acceptance emails will include March registration time and instructions.
Ready for college: 3012 AP Exams with 89% Pass Rate May 2022. #1 Best Public High School in Orange County 2023, Niche. 99% of Troy's students attend colleges and universities. 82% Class of 2022 met the entrance requirements for California 4-year public universities. 73% of Troy applicants were accepted to a UC campus UC Acceptances.
Troy Tech Pathways:
- Media - Troy Productions, Omnia daily broadcast, Oracle newspaper, Illium yearbook. All American HS Film Festival NY, OC Artist of the Year. IB and Cambridge.
- Business - FBLA is incorporated into the pathway. In 2022, FBLA competed at both State and National conferences and received 1 national and 7 state championships. IB and Cambridge options.
- Computer Science - AP, IB and Cambridge exams qualify for college credit. College Board #1 CS program in the world. Programming contests, clubs and competitive Esports.
- Cyber Defense - Cisco CCNA, CompTIA A+ and ITF+ certifications. Largest competitive program in the U.S. with over 300 students. Three-time CyberPatriot National Champions 2021/2019/2018, Only Female Cybersecurity All-American 2020. Annual Troy's Cyber Defense Summer Camp includes Grades K-8.
- Engineering - SolidWorks CSWA certification, IB and Cambridge. FIRST Robotics Team participated in 2022 national build competition.
- Governmental Leadership - Distinguished Unit of 294 cadets with Academic Honors 2022; Largest CA Program. Drill, Orienteering, Brain Brawl, Seaperch, and CyberPatriot team awards at State and National levels. Annual appointments to Academies.
Senior Internships - Students complete the program with a 150-hour experience at a business site or university with a professional mentor. Virtual and in-person options. About 400 seniors earn internship credit each summer. Troy Tech Advisors guide students as they secure internships. Boeing and USC Neuroscience sites below.
Find us on social media: @WeAreTroyTech