Troy Tech & IB Mission
Troy Tech Magnet Program Mission
The mission of the Troy Tech Magnet Program in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is to provide secondary students with a four-year, technology-based education in preparation for the 21st century; to offer opportunities for career exploration through job-shadowing experiences and technical classes emphasizing both theory and application; to involve influential community leaders from business, industry and academia in shaping and supporting the program; and to advise and support seniors as they fulfill internships under the direction of a professional mentor in a field compatible with their career interest.
- Troy High School was ranked #1 Best Public High School and #1 Best High School Teachers in the Los Angeles Area and Orange County, Niche.com, 2019.
- Troy was ranked #32 for Best STEM High Schools and #65 for Best Magnet High School in the Nation 2018 by U.S. News and World Report.
- 46% of the May 2018 AP Computer Science exams at Troy were taken by female students! Overall, 3436 AP Exams were given at Troy in May 2018 with 87% pass rate.
- Because of the Troy Tech Program, Troy High School received the Gold Ribbon School award for having a Model Program from California Department of Education in April 2017.
- National Science Olympiad Champions - 12 Times as of 2018!
- CyberPatriot National Champions 2018. Troy has the nation's first 4-year academic Cyber Defense Program and largest number of Cyber Patriot competitors.
International Baccalaureate Program Mission
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.