Troy Tech & IB Mission
Troy Tech Magnet Program Mission
The mission of the Troy Tech Magnet Program in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is to provide secondary students with a four-year, technology-based education in preparation for the 21st century; to offer opportunities for career exploration through job-shadowing experiences and technical classes emphasizing both theory and application; to involve influential community leaders from business, industry and academia in shaping and supporting the program; and to advise and support seniors as they fulfill internships under the direction of a professional mentor in a field compatible with their career interest.
- Nation: #37 Best Public High School in the Nation 2023, Niche, #39 Top STEM High School in the Nation 2020, Newsweek
- State: #26 Best California High School 2022, U.S. News and World Report, 2021 California Distinguished School, CDE
- County: #1 Best Public High School in Orange County 2023, Niche
- National Science Olympiad Champions - 13 Times! Summary from 2021 Nationals
- CyberPatriot National Champions 2021, 2019 & 2018. Troy has the nation's first 4-year academic Cyber Defense Program and largest number of CyberPatriot competitors.
- Troy received the 2022 & 2018 AP Computer Science Principles Female Diversity Award since 41% of Troy's AP Computer Science exams taken by female students.
- Because of the Troy Tech Program, Troy High School received the Gold Ribbon School award for having a Model Program from California Department of Education in April 2017.
International Baccalaureate Program Mission
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.