TT Prospective Students
The shortcut to this page is applicants.troyhigh.com Only current eighth grade students are eligible to apply.
Applicant Events Calendar
Information Flyers Available - October 2017 - January 2018, online or hard copy. Postcards too - in English, Chinese, and Korean. Find us on social media: @WeAreTroyTech
Online Registration for January Testing - December 1, 2017 – January 25, 2018 Applicants are encouraged to register online; however, applications are available at the testing and walk-ins are welcomed. Your application will be processed upon the parent and student's sign-in on the test date.
Parent/Student Information Events acquaint prospective students and their parents with the Troy High School's specialized programs, departments, and curricular offerings.
- December 6, 2017 Student & Parent Visitation Afternoon starting in the Lecture Hall 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. including opportunity to visit selected classrooms
- January 22, 2018 Student-Focused Information Night, North Gym 7:00 p.m.
- January 25, 2018 Troy Open House for the entire campus in the North Gym 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. including current and prospective students
- Tours for Fall 2017 are FULL. Please consider attending our 3 events above which will explain the Troy Tech program. For site tours with Troy's administrators, no appointment is necessary; meet at the front office Jan 12, 19, or 26, 2018 at 9am. More details HERE.
Testing for Specialized Programs (TT/IB/Honors) for Current 8th Graders - Jan 13, 20, or 27, 2018 (select only one date) from 7:30 – 11:45 a.m. Check-in at the North Gym 7:15 a.m. Bring student photo identification (passport or school id), printout of 8th grade schedule listing current math course, and a parent to sign documents. Refer to application instructions and FAQ’s on this page for further details. Note: Parents should check the email address provided at test registration regularly for communication regarding the application process. Troy High School cannot be responsible for incomplete or late application materials because of mail or email service.
Notification - Approximately March 1, 2018 Letters of notification will be mailed to homes of all applicants. Acceptance letters will include mid-March registration appointment time.
Registration - Several evenings in mid-March In the Lecture Hall, counselors, administrators and program coordinators will assist students in this final step in their enrollment for the freshman year. Attendance at the assigned meeting is mandatory; it represents the student’s commitment to attend Troy High School.
Troy Tech Fair & Incoming Student Welcome - April 26, 2018 Welcome Event 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. for incoming students and their families. Troy Tech Fair is in the North and South Gyms, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. featuring the Troy Tech Senior Interns and their Internships.
For more information, review the links below or call the Troy Tech/IB Office at 714-626-4425.
- TT-IB Information Flyer 2017-18.pdf
- TT-IB Events calendar 2017-2018.pdf
- Application instructions and FAQ 2017-2018.pdf
- Troy Tech Promotional Postcard - English.pdf
- Troy Tech Promotional Postcard - Simplified Chinese.pdf
- Troy Tech Promotional Postcard - Traditional Chinese.pdf
- Troy Tech Promotional Postcard - Korean.pdf