Work Permits

  • College and CareerThe process for obtaining a work permit is:

    1. Print and fill out an Intent to Employ (link below).  You can also pick one up from Mrs. Rosner in the College and Career Center (Library) or from Ms. Black in the Front Office. 

    2. Fill out the Intent to Employ completely, leaving the final box on the bottom blank. Pay special attention to ensure the employer signature and parent/guardian signatures are completed. 

    3. Bring the completed form back to Mrs. Rosner or to Ms. Black. 

    4. The form will be processed and you will be given a Work Permit to give to the employer. Please allow one day for processing.

    A few things to remember:

    1. Work permits are a privilege, not a right. Receiving and maintaining a work permit requires:

      • a 2.0 GPA

      • no D's or F's in courses required for graduation

      • no more than 10 unexcused absences across all periods

    2. The work permit is a permit for the employer to employ you. It is not a permit for the student to work. If the student changes jobs, they will need a new permit for the new job. 

    3. Hours, days of work, and time of work are all modifiable fields although there are maximum allowances. 


    Intent to Employ (Work Permit)

Child Labor Rules and Regulations