To get started, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form (click on the thumbnail to visit the website).
FAFSA = FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID
WHAT WILL I NEED TO FILL OUT A FAFSA?To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Mandatory application for federal and state aid
- No cost to apply (includes submitting information to six schools of your choice)
- For public and private schools
- Filing period Begins October 1
- Your Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your 2021 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Records of child support received or paid (if applicable)
- Current bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID (student and parent) to sign electronically. FSA ID Site
- Parents full legal name, date of birth and social security (if applicable)
- Parents date of marriage, divorce/separation (if applicable)
**Available October 1, 2022, apply early!**If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).