Entries Due: Friday, October 8th
Do you enjoy art, music and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with Fullerton Union High PTSA Reflections! This year’s theme, “I Will Change the World By...,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts.
Students may enter one or more of the six different art categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Special Artist Division
These works will be showcased and celebrated on campus and online. They will also be evaluated by community expert judges for local recognition and may be submitted for state and national level awards and recognition opportunities.
During the evaluation process, judges will consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation - Most strongly considered. How closely does the piece relate to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity - How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique - The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
How to Enter:
- Carefully read the rules for your category.
- Independently create your own original work of art.
- Attach a completed Entry Form to art piece.
- Classroom - List the teacher and room number connected to your project (e.g. put your English teacher if assigned for the Literature category) or your homeroom teacher.
- Email - Use your school-issued email@example.com account.
- Title of Work - Different from “I Will Change the World By…”. The title should stand out and describe how the piece relates to the student’s personal interpretation of the theme.
- Details - What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- Artist Statement - The artist statement communicates what inspired the work, how it relates to the theme, and the content of the work. Please put sincere effort into this answer. This statement is an extension of your work and may make a difference during judging.
- Ensure the entry form prints out on a single page
- Literature entries, include 2 copies of work and entry form.
- Any CD/DVD/flash drives should be put in an envelope.
- Label your work on the back.
- Submit a physical version of your work no later than Friday, October 8, 2021. You can turn it in either through the student’s teacher who assigned the work or if not assigned by a teacher, then turn it in to the homeroom teacher.
We want everyone who wants to participate to be able to turn in their best work, so if supplies are needed, please email and we will make arrangements.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Verity from PTSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inspiration, view last year’s winner’s in the slideshow below.