• Seniors
      The state of California is requiring all seniors to fill out their FAFSA or California Dream Act Application to be filled out online. 
    If you do not plan to apply for FAFSA or the California Dream Act - Please Return the Wavier Form to the Counseling Department



    This is a reminder that the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) is available for undocumented students who are applying, re-entering or already enrolled in a California college or university. Students are encouraged to complete an application before the March 2nd priority deadline.

    The California Dream Act allows eligible undocumented students to apply for and receive state-based financial aid, institutional scholarships, and to pay in-state tuition. It also gives students an opportunity to apply for the California  Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG) to perform community or volunteer service and be awarded up to $4,500 per academic year.

    Who can apply for the California Dream Act?

    Undocumented Students, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders, and U-Visa holders must meet the eligibility criteria under Assembly Bill 540 to apply for and receive California state financial aid. The California Dream Act allows students to receive state and institutional grants if they meet income guidelines, apply by the priority deadlines and complete all necessary paperwork on-time. This application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

    Please encourage undocumented students to apply as soon as possible, but before the March 2nd  priority deadline, for financial aid with the California Dream Act Application.

    Dream Act

    The California DREAM Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 to apply for and receive Cal Grants and Board of Governor's Fee Waivers at community colleges as well as institutional aid at California colleges and universities.
    For comprehensive information about the California DREAM Act, including access to the application materials, important dates, and instructions, please visit http://www.caldreamact.org


    California Dream Act Application

    The California Dream Act Application allows students interested in attending eligible California Colleges, Universities and Career Education Programs to apply for state financial aid. This application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. -
    Financial Aid
    In order to be eligible for state financial aid through the CA Dream Act, men must provide proof of Selective Service registration as soon as they turn 17 yrs and 3 months old to the college or university they plan to attend.    On the Selective Service website www.sss.gov under “Registration" and click on "Registration Now.”

    Citizenship before 31
    If you ever get the chance to become a citizen but didn’t register with Selective Service System before age 26, you can be ineligible to become a citizen until age 31. In other words, if you did not register for Selective Services and you have a chance to apply for citizenship after you age 26 you may have to wait until you are 31 to go through with that process. Not registering may delay your naturalization process.

    California Dream Act Online Application

    WHAT WILL I NEED TO FILL OUT A CADAA? To complete the CA Dream Act Application (CADAA), you will need:
      • Your 2022 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned (if you or your parents have any)  For more information if you or your return(s) have not been completed, see the instructions on the Dream Act Application
      • Records of child support received or paid (if applicable) 
      • Current bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
      • Records of untaxed income (if applicable) 
      • Parents full legal name, date of birth and social security (if applicable)
      • Parents date of marriage, divorce/separation (if applicable)  
        **Available October 1, 2023, apply early! 
        If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s

    Additional Information

    What is AB 540?

    What is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)?

    What Financial Aid Can a Dreamer Apply For?

    More about Cal Grant

    Under California law AB 540, certain nonresident students are exempt from paying nonresident supplemental tuition.