The California DREAM Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 to apply for and receive Cal Grants and Board of Governor's Fee Waivers at community colleges as well as institutional aid at California colleges and universities.
Student Ambassadors have the greatest impact on others’ opinions as they consider becoming a Cypress College student. Student Ambassadors share their own college experience with other students, families, and the community at large, while effectively and enthusiastically representing Cypress College.
The Charger Experience Program is designed to provide all incoming students the foundation for success through direct engagement with academic programs and comprehensive understanding of support services.
- Two years of free tuition for all first-time college students
- Priority registration and full-time placement
- Academic, career, and transfer counseling, including a student education plan
- Activities, support services, and events
- Personalized support from Charger Experience counselors
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application and verification process
- Meet California residency or AB 540 requirements
- Register for a minimum of 12 units every semester
- Enroll and complete math, English, counseling in your first year
- Meet with a Charger Experience counselor every semester
- Attend two eligible events every semester
Our Charger Fridays are designed to provide all incoming students the foundation for success through direct engagement with academic programs and comprehensive understanding of support services. This virtual Charger Friday experience will also allow your students to complete all the necessary steps to benefit from two years of FREE TUITION at Cypress College.
Parents and Students
Dario Edward Resendiz (Program Coordinator, Charger Experience Program)
T: 1(714) 484-7712
If you need to set up a meeting and talk regarding the programs or pathways at Cypress College, please email Cypress College at email@example.com
to set up an appointment