La Vista HS - Summer School 2023 - General Information
Thank you for your interest in La Vista High School's Summer School Program.
All La Vista High School students and parents were mailed, and emailed, a letter regarding automatic summer school enrollment.
La Vista Summer School Key Points:
- All La Vista High School students will be automatically enrolled in summer school.
- Each student will be enrolled in three courses (15 credits) based on needed graduation requirements and course availability.
- Summer school is 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, June 5th and ending on Thursday, July 13th: 7:45 am to 1:00 pm.
- Session 1 is June 5th - June 29th
- Session 2 is July 3rd to July 13th
- Busses will pick up and drop off at the usual bus stops.
- Attendance is critical for student success. Students will be dropped if they miss more than two days in each class.
If you do not want your student to attend our summer program, please contact your student's counselor or Carlos Aldaco (listed below) by May 19th.
Carlos Aldaco: (714) 447-5533; firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, unless otherwise contacted, all La Vista students will be enrolled in available summer school courses. If you have any questions about summer school, feel free to contact your student’s counselor or Mr. Fred Carr at 714-447-5504.
La Vista High School serves District students who are too far behind in credits to graduate on time. Every one of these approximately 500 students needs to attend summer school. During summer, these at-promise students can earn more units at La Vista than they can earn at a comprehensive high school. In addition, summer is a time to orient new students to the campus and culture and to administer reading and math tests that assess learning loss and placement into appropriate intervention classes in the fall.