Student Athlete's Code of Ethics
Athletics is an integral part of the school’s total educational program. All school activities, curricular and extra-curricular, in the classroom and on the playing field, must be congruent with the school’s stated goals and objectives established for the intellectual, physical, social and moral development of its students. It is within this context that the following Code of Ethics is presented.
As an athlete, I understand that this is my responsibility to:
- Place academic achievement as the highest priority.
- Show respect for teammates, opponents, officials and coaches.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of game officials.
- Exhibit fair play, sportsmanship and proper conduct on and off the playing field.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity and other offensive language and gestures.
- Adhere to the established rules and standards of the game to be played.
- Respect all equipment and use it safely and appropriately.
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal and non-prescriptive drugs, anabolic steroids or any substance to increase physical development of performance that is not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, Surgeon General of the United States or American Medical Association.
- Know and follow all state, section and school athletic rules and regulations as they pertain to eligibility and sports participation.
- Win with character, lose with dignity.
Special Note: The rules and regulations listed on this page represent only a summary of all State CIF and Southern Section Office Eligibility Rules.