Mission & Vision
1. Sonora High School promotes the success of all students in an atmosphere of mutual respect and caring by the following means:
- Educating students to their individual learning potential;
- Fostering in each student an acceptance of ethnic and cultural diversity;
- Promoting school spirit and school loyalty; and,
- Instilling within each student a commitment to the values of community and the American democratic society.
2. Sonora High School strives for excellence in academics, activities, athletics, and service by:
- Providing academically challenging programs for students with different interests and abilities;
- Providing a challenging array of curricular, extra-curricular, aesthetic, and athletic programs;
- Providing the tools to access, evaluate and use information from a variety of technological sources.
- Equipping students with the skills necessary for a successful transition to college and/or work.
“Sonora High School is a diverse community dedicated to the academic, personal, and social growth of all student learners within a student-centered environment. Sonora High School encourages students to become life-long learners and contributing members of a democracy in an ever-changing world.”