TT Juniors Pre-Internship
Pre-Internship is a junior requirement that must be completed in order to qualify for Troy Tech Senior Internship. The Troy Tech Juniors will been assigned Coaches who will guide this year of preparation. Pre-Internship requirements, handbook, and other materials developed by our coaches will be available to students in Google classroom and emailed to parents.
2019-2020 Pre-Internship Coaches: Blake, Darracq, Echaves, Equitz, Falletta, Liem, Reid, St. Clair, Thomas
The Pre-Interns will receive monthly emails from me reminding them of upcoming requirements and due dates. Please refer to the dates listed in the schedule (link below).
Mrs. Downum-Bonnett, Troy Tech Coordinator Ldownum@fjuhsd.org
Assignments: All assignments will be posted in Google classroom and details emailed to you and your parents. Your 2 Job Shadows are due Dec 6 and Feb 28, but can be completed in advance. Ideas are posted in Google classroom. Please use the list of past sites wisely; the list contains invaluable professionals and connections to Troy. You can make your own new contacts too. Communicate politely and keep in mind that mentors are busy! Select a few to contact, wait a week, and follow up. See your coach if you have questions.
- Friday, October 25, 2019 - Revised Resume Due
- Friday, December 6, 2019
- Job Shadow #1 and Thank you note
- Interviewing Questions Assignment (Answers to 20 Interviewing Questions and Questions to Ask Interviewer)
- Friday, January 24, 2020
- Interview Video
- Self-Evaluation of Interview Video
- Friday, February 28, 2020 - Job Shadow #2 and Thank you note
Meetings/events that will be rescheduled or held in an electronic format: Mandatory Intern/Parent Meeting at 7pm in North Gym for Year 2021 (originally March 17), Troy Tech Fair 2020 Seniors (originally April 30), Intern Lunch Meeting in North Gym (originally May 1). Email Ldownum@fjuhsd.org if you have questions.
Summer Internship Details - PLEASE CHECK BACK for updates regarding COVID-19 impact to these dates.
- Mon, June 1, 2020 8:00 am Mandatory Summer Intern Mtg, Lecture Hall-3 Forms Due/Summer intern start earning between 25-40 hours per week, consecutive weeks until 150 hours are earned. Summer Interns may not interrupt their Internship tenure for vacation or any other purposes. You may not exceed an 8-hour workday. Any programs or out-of-area internship considerations should be approved by Mrs. Downum-Bonnett. Refer to the out of area Internship instructions below.
- Thurs, June 4, 2020 Latest date to start Summer Internship
- Wed, July 8, 2020 Latest date to complete Summer Internship. All paperwork due by 12:00 noon, Any programs or out-of-area internships should be approved by Mrs. Downum
- There is also the option for August 2020-May 2021 Internship term.