TT Juniors Pre-Internship
Pre-Internship is a junior requirement that must be completed in order to qualify for Troy Tech Senior Internship. The Troy Tech Juniors will been assigned Coaches who will guide this year of preparation. Pre-Internship requirements, handbook, and other materials developed by our coaches will be available to students in Google classroom and emailed to parents.
2023-2024 Pre-Internship Coaches: Blake, Darracq, Echaves, Grant, Laubhan, Liem, Link, Park, Reid, St. Clair
The Pre-Interns will receive monthly emails from me reminding them of upcoming requirements and due dates. Please refer to the dates listed in the schedule (link below).
Mrs. Downum-Bonnett, Troy Tech Coordinator Ldownum@fjuhsd.org
Assignments: All assignments will be posted in Google classroom and details emailed to you and your parents. Your 2 Job Shadows are due Dec 1 and Feb 23, but can be completed in advance. Ideas are posted in Google classroom. Please use the list of past sites wisely; the list contains invaluable professionals and connections to Troy. You can make your own new contacts too. Communicate politely and keep in mind that mentors are busy! Select a few to contact, wait a week, and follow up. See your coach if you have questions.
Pre-Internship Events - Virtual and In-person options are available.
- Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023 - Pre-Intern/Parent Info Group Zoom Meetings 6-7:25 p.m.
- Wednesday Sept 6, 2023 OR Thursday Sept 7, 2023 - Student Resume Writing Workshop at Lunch
- October - Pre-Internship Coaches meet with students to review career search and resumes
- Tuesday, March 12, 2023 Mandatory Intern/Parent Group Zoom Meetings 5:30-8:30 p.m for 2025 Srs
- Wednesday, April 24, 2024 - Troy Tech Fair 2024 Seniors – Pre-Interns attend during 2nd period
- Thursday, April 25, 2024 - Mandatory Intern Lunch Meeting in Advisor Classrooms
- Monday, June 3, 2024 8:00 am Mandatory Summer Intern Mtg, Lecture Hall-3 Forms Due/Summer intern start earning between 25-40 hours per week, consecutive weeks until 150 hours are earned. Summer Interns may not interrupt their Internship tenure for vacation or any other purposes. You may not exceed an 8-hour workday. Any programs or out-of-area internship considerations should be approved by Mrs. Downum-Bonnett. Refer to the out of area Internship instructions below.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2024 Latest date to complete Summer Internship. All paperwork due by 12:00 noon, Any programs or out-of-area internships should be approved by Mrs. Downum
- There is also the option for August 2024-May 2025 Internship term.
- Pre-Internship Schedule 2023-2024
- Pre-Internship Job Shadow Form Dec1 Feb 23
- Out of area internship instructions Senior Interns Summer 2024 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suggested student steps to secure a Job Shadow