We are currently accepting applications for current 9th graders, and incoming 8th graders!!
The AVID Application is below; you can download it as a PDF file or a word document.
The applications are due Friday, March 20th, by 4:00 PM to Tiffany Wilson at Troy High School.
- Being by completing the application (see below for more information)
- We will schedule an interview with your student.
- We will be officially inviting students to the program in May.
To turn in your application:
- You may turn in the application as a hard copy to Troy High School.
- You can also scan the file as a PDF titled with your student name and Troy AVID Application 2019 (eg: John Smith Troy AVID Application 2019) and email to Tiffany Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also apply on-line. Please make sure to email us the additional documents. If you choose online we will be emailing your teacher for their letter of recommendation.
With your application we will need:
- The completed application
- Completed Academic Teacher Recommendation Form. (See below for more information)
- Copy of your most recent attendance record.
- Copy of the most recent Math and English standardized test scores (or benchmark scores if your school has them). We can also use Troy Tech Honors Placement Exam scores.
- Copy of the most recent grades/report card.
- Copy of current or most previous 504/IEP (this is not required if you do not have one).
When your packet is completed
- Please visit Troy AVID Interview Signup and provide Mrs. Wilson with your email and information so you may be contacted to schedule an interview.
- Please note: If your student attends any of the following Junior High Schools (Buena Park, Fisler, Ladera Vista, Nicholas, Parks) the TRHS AVID team will be trying to schedule a time to go to their junior high school to interview them, and you will not need to come to Troy to have a separate interview. If you do not attend one of the 5 schools, we will be contacting you in the first week of April to be scheduling an interview at Troy.
Teacher Letter of Recommendation
- The teacher can complete this page of the application by hand, and it may be mailed, emailed, or delivered to Mrs. Tiffany Wilson separately from their application if the teacher prefers.
- This year, we will also be providing an opportunity for teachers to fill out the letter of recommendation online. If they are interested in doing the form online, please have them contact Tiffany Wilson at email@example.com. We will be happy to send them the link!
- The interviews will be held between April 6th through April 30th.
- They will be held with the AVID Team members, and will be roughly 10 minutes and will be held at select Junior High Schools, or in Mrs. Wilson's Classroom (503) please see map below.
- We will use the interview to get to know your student, discuss their classes for next year, and other topics in regards to the program!
- This is not intended to be stressful, it is a tool to help us get to know your student, and try to find the best placement of classes to start their year!
After April 10th 2020 the interview sign up and application will not be checked. If you missed the deadline to apply you will need to contact Mrs. Wilson directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss late applications.
Documents for the Application: