We are currently accepting applications from current 9th graders and incoming 8th graders!!
- First complete and submit the application (see below for more information)
- When selecting classes for next year, select AVID 1 (if you are an incoming freshman) or AVID 2 (if you are an incoming Sophomore). **Please note you will not be officially placed in the class until you have applied and been interviewed.**
- We will schedule an interview with your student in March and April.
- We will be officially inviting students to the program in May.
To turn in your application:
- Please complete the online application.
- Please make sure to email us the additional documents requested from the application.
With your application we will need:
- The completed online application
- Copy of your most recent attendance record.
- Copy of middle school transcript
- Copy of current or most previous 504/IEP (this is not required if you do not have one).
When your packet is completed
- We will contact you for an interview.
- Please note, we do attend local junior highs to interview students at their schools. We will post times and dates when we get them!
Teacher's Letter of Recommendation
- Please select one teacher to serve as a potential reference if we need a letter of recommendation. It is recommended you select a core subject teacher (English, History, Math, Science, or World Language). We will only reach out if we need to do so.
- The interviews will be held in person.
- They will be held by a member of the AVID Troy Team. Normally the interview will be around 10 minutes.
- We will use the interview to get to know your students, and discuss their classes for next year.
- This is not intended to be stressful, it is a tool to help us get to know our students, and try to find the best placement of classes to start their year.
Documents for the Application: