• Student Teachers/Interns and Student Observers 

    Student Teacher/Intern Placements ONLY  

    If you are interested in Student Teaching or Internship, please have your University/College Advisor complete the Student Teaching Placement Form.  Please note, a submission is required for each school year the assignment spans. Thank you!

    2024/25 Placement Request Form

    This includes: Special Education (Education Specialist M/M and M/S), Psychology, SLP, and Counseling Intern placements.

    Student Teacher/Intern - Placement Information

    Once you have been contacted by your advisor and a placement has been approved, please contact the school Assistant Principal of Instruction and Operations for more information and details on your placement. Placement must be approved by the APIO.



    APIO Name


    Buena Park High 


    Kimberly Jenkins, Ed.D.


    Fullerton Union


    Jon Caffrey


    La Habra High


    Hilda Arredondo


    La Sierra/La Vista


    Fred Carr


    Sonora High


    Jillian Davis, Ed.D.


    Sunny Hills


    Sarah Murrietta


    Troy High


    Lance Bletscher


    *Mental Health related Internships. Please contact Allen Whitten (awhitten@fjuhsd.org) and Carlos Alcantara (calcantara@fjuhsd.org)

    Resources for Student Teachers/Interns who have been placed in the FJUHSD:

    Student Teacher Performance Assessments (TPAs)

    Do you need to fulfill your TPA requirement and videotape your performance in the class?  Please use the following forms to receive permission to do this.


    ***Student Observers 

    Please contact the specific school site Principal directly to request permission if you need to observe a classroom. This is not the traditional student teacher placement and usually is less than 20 hours.  Observers will be cleared as volunteers and will need to go through our Human Resources Department as directed by the Principal.  Fullerton Joint Union HSD will NOT make an observation placement for you; you will need to do this by reaching out to the school of interest. 

Last Modified on March 22, 2024