- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Current Tuberculosis Test.
- Fingerprint Clearance for the Fullerton Joint Union High School District.
- Teaching Credential(s). Or you may apply for your 30-Day Emergency Substitute Teacher Permit through the OCDE Credential's office or by following the guidelines on the CCTC web site.
- (CBEST or acceptable skills alternative) ---> ***See below for an update regarding SB 1397 and not having to submit proof of Basic Skills effective January 1, 2023***
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Proof of Employability - After Fingerprint Clearance, the Original Driver's License (or state issued identification) AND Social Security Card will be required; no copies.
***News Update: EdSource*** by Diana Lambert, EdSource. Oakland, CA copyright 9/2022
SACRAMENTO, CA: Substitute teacher candidates usually prove basic skills proficiency by taking a test or completing specific coursework. Beginning Jan. 1, 2023, prospective substitute teachers will not have to prove they have the basic skills needed to teach, at least temporarily. Senate Bill 1397 waives the basic skills proficiency requirement for an emergency 30-day substitute permit through July 1, 2024.
Applicants will be notified as needed. Only applications received on EdJoin containing all required attachments will be considered.
Please apply on EdJoin here: FJUHSD on EdJoin
*** A temporary increase is in effect through the current 2022/23 school year.
Substitute rates are $160 for the daily rate and $185 for a long-term assignment.
Long-term is ten or more consecutive days in the same assignment for the same teacher.
--------Prior to the temporary increase, substitute teachers received the district rate of $125.00 per day and $140.00 per day for long-term sub assignments.