News & Announcements
Board Policy 6310, Pupil Attendance Calendars for 2018/19 and 2019/20, were approved at the October 17, 2017 Board Meeting.
A copy of the revised Schedule of Board Meetings for 2019 is attached. The start time of Board Meetings was changed and two Board Meetings were eliminated. Click here for more information and for the 2020 Schedule of Regular Meetings.
Letter to Parents
The District passed a resolution regarding the safe and supportive learning environment of each school site. Click here to view the resolution and sample forms for immigrant family preparedness. JUST added, DACA Application information and great local resources for parents.
I want to welcome everyone back for the new school year in the Fullerton Joint Union High School District! As the school year begins, I want to share in particular what our District stands for and the overall goals for our students. Every year, it is my pleasure to visit all of our school sites and classrooms on a regular basis and personally witness the meaningful things we are doing for all students. I am passionate about preparing students to enter the global workforce through integration of technology, real-world applications, and rigorous instruction. As we anticipate the coming challenges, we also recognize the privilege and high calling each of us in the Fullerton Joint Union High School District has to build, equip, inspire, and provide opportunities to our youth for their future. Each day, we seek to provide something, for every student - something that will not only prepare them for college and career, but build character and integrity as well.
In addition, we are in the midst of modernizing many District facilities supported by Measure I. Below is a list of the projects currently under construction or slated to begin this school year:
• New gymnasium at Sonora High School to be completed by August 2019
• New stadium at Buena Park High School to be completed by October 2019
• New agricultural classrooms at Buena Park High School to be completed by October 2019
• New theater at La Habra High School to be completed by August 2019
• New pool project at Buena Park High School to be started in Summer 2019
• Theater modernization at Troy High School to be started in June 2019
• New gymnasium at Fullerton Union High School anticipated to be started in December 2019
• New elevator and ramp at Fullerton Union High School to be started in July 2019
• Theater modernization at Sunny Hills High School to be started in July 2019
Seeking to provide the best possible education for each and every one of our students is both exhilarating and compelling. On behalf of the Board of Trustees, administrators, teachers, and staff of the District, I look forward to a productive 2019/20 school year.
V. Scott Scambray, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools