What is the Fullerton Education Partnership?
The Fullerton Education Partnership is a joint educational collaborative partnership between Fullerton Joint Union High School District, North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD) and Cal-State Fullerton designed to support Fullerton Joint Union High School District students in grades 9 through 12. The Fullerton Education Partnership helps ensure student success at every level of education and into the job market, in part by using longitudinal data to help students and educators make better decisions. As part of the Fullerton Education Partnership, it is necessary for all parties in the partnership to share student data with each other in order to provide the services and support of the Fullerton Education Partnership program. The exchange of data will include personally identifiable student data, including but not limited to student-level transcript data, enrollment information, student demographics, course information, test scores, awards, attendance data, graduation status, and school information.
What are the benefits of sharing data?
- Fullerton Education Partnership data will be used to identify and provide educational services and support to students.
- Fullerton Education Partnership data will be used to improve instructional offerings to better meet the needs of students.
- Fullerton Education Partnership data will be used to provide Fullerton College with enrollment information, helping to expedite the assessment, placement, and enrollment process for those students choosing to attend community colleges in the NOCCCD.
- Fullerton Education Partnership data will provide students with better information on which high school and college courses will be most beneficial based on the student’s college and career goals.
What is being done to protect the privacy and confidentiality of student data?
- The data shared under the Fullerton Educational Partnership will be used strictly for supporting the Fullerton Education Partnership program. Student data will NOT be sold, shared, or used outside the partnership.
- All parties in the partnership will ensure that all student data are kept in secure facilities and access to student data limited to designated personnel who are authorized and have a need to access such data for purposes of the Fullerton Education Partnership.
- NO personally identifiable student data will used in any report, publication, or study.
- The data shared in the Fullerton Educational Partnership will NOT be used for any type of enrollment recruitment.
- Data that is no longer required for the Fullerton Education Partnership will be properly destroyed.