Students under the age of eighteen (18) must have a work permit on file with the school and their employer.Once you are hired, you MUST complete the Intent to Employ form, Intent to Employ a MinorObtaining Work Permit:
- Print Intent to Employ Form
- Complete Minor's Information
- A parent or legal guardian must sign
- Take the form to employer to compete and sign
- Scan and email the completed form with ALL signatures to Mrs. Wein at email@example.com
- If you do not have a scanner, you can take a photo of the completed application and email to Mrs. Wein.
In order to be granted a Work Permit, the student must meet the following criteria:
Have a 2.0 or higher GPA.
No F's in graduation required classes.
The student DOES NOT have more than 3 unexcused absences in a period in the current semester.
Young Workers Health and Safety InformationThis site contains the basics about young worker health and safety for both teens and parents and has a link to a downloadable fact sheet "Are You A Working Teen?" in both English and Spanish.Please visit http://www.youngworkers.org/ for more information.
Rubio's Click Here
Target Click Here
Kohl's Click Here
Walmart Click Here
TJX/Marshalls Click Here
Home Depot Click Here
Michael's Click Here
Knott's Berry Farm Click Here
Stater Bros Market Click Here
Tip for getting your first job: Keep your eye out for signs indicating a company is hiring and/or ask a friend who is already working if their company is hiring.