LVHS & LSHS NATURE AND PEOPLE PHOTO CONTEST 2019
The 2019 Nature and People Photo Contest is open to all LVHS/LSHS students. By submitting an entry to the Photo Contest, entrants certify that their participation in this photo contest is not illegal or in violation of any law and regulation at the time of entry. LVHS reserves the right to reject any entry for any contest rule violation.
The Photo Contest begins at 8:00 am on September 19, 2019, and ends at 11:59 pm on October 30, 2019. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
WHAT TO ENTER
The Science and Art Club are committed to a future for people and nature. For our 2019 Photo Contest, we’d like to know how you connect with arts and nature by taking photos around Orange County,California.
Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (cropping, spotting for dust, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
Entries may originate in any format—including but not limited to digital files, digital prints, color transparencies, color prints, or black and white prints—so long as they are submitted electronically in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png format. HDR images are acceptable.
The Following Submissions are Ineligible:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. The Science and Art Clubs reserves the right to require entrants to submit evidence of the subject’s legal consent to be photographed for the submitted photographs, which may include a signed waiver from the subject.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
The Science and Art Clubs shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Science and Art Club will award the following prizes for each category:
1st Place, 2nd and 3rd Place: Lion Pride Medal, Certificate of Recognition and a Starbucks gift card. Winning photos will be displayed at the helicopter career event happening at Fullerton airport on January 26, 2020.
The People's Choice Award Winner/s: Trophy, Certificate of Recognition and a Starbucks gift card and a chance to take FREE HELICOPTER RIDE!
Winners will be announced during the Science Fair Awarding Ceremony on Friday during 5th period, December 6, 2019 at the library.
TOP PRIZE!! Free Helicopter Ride
2018-19 Winners - Click the "i" for names and titles
HOW TO ENTER
HOW TO ENTER
1. All images must be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) . The entry forms must contain required information.
- Title of the photo:
- Caption: Describe what we see and which city in Orange County it was taken
- Select a category:
- Nature and People
- Street Art/Graffiti
- City and Nature.
- Contact Number:
2. You may enter 1 photo for each category. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules.
3. Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission with more explanation about the photo or to provide a higher resolution version of the photo anytime during the contest period.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of LVHS/LSHS staff to be selected by the Science and Art Club at its sole discretion (the “Panel”).
- The Panel will evaluate all valid entries. Awards will be given in the following categories:
People and Nature: recreation, adventure or a “Greatest of all Time” outdoor experience
Landscape: A sense of place with or without people
Water: Above, below or in between
Wildlife: In the wild or in the backyard (Note that Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment by the photographer will be ineligible.)
Cities and Nature: Connecting with nature where we live
Street Art/Graffiti: Adds a touch of the unconventional to cityscapes
Artwork: Statue or murals
People’s Choice: Overall winner voted by faculty and staff.
- One (1) First Place, one (1) Second Place winner, and one (1) Third Place winner will be awarded for each category.
All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging. The Science Club and Art Club will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry.