Each California public school, grades kindergarten through 12, with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
- The ELAC shall be responsible for advising the principal and staff on programs and services for English learners and the School Site Council on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
- The ELAC shall assist the school in the development of:
- The school's needs assessment.
- The school's annual language census.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.