ROP offers a selection of after-school regional course offerings at various campuses and sites. High school students must pre-register for ROP classes with the Career Guidance Specialist, Mrs. Sarah Arciba. Only after attending the first class session are students officially enrolled into a class.Pre-Registration Process:Students must see Mrs. Arciba to pre-enroll in a class and for information regarding career pathway planning, course selection and availability. She will then submit the pre-registration form to place the student on the waiting list.Please note the following:
ROP Courses that are "a-g" approved can be found here: a-gOn-Campus BPHS ROP Pathways/Classes:
- Submitting a pre-registration form does not guarantee enrollment into the course.
- ROP may cancel a course offering at any time.
- ROP reports the attendance hours and final grades to the students’ high schools. The high schools determine and award transcript credit for students based on this information.
- ROP reserves the right to dismiss students from the course offering due to excessive absences, excessive tardiness, and other misbehavior.
- ROP updates this list of course offerings frequently due to changes resulting from funding, staffing, and student demand. Students should check www.nocrop.org at least a week before the anticipated class is to start because dates, times, locations, and instructors may change. Also, classes may be canceled or rescheduled.
- ROP courses are free of charge.
- Some classes do have pre-requisites.
- Students in a career pathway receive priority registration
- Intro to Auto Technology
- Auto Technology
- Advanced Auto Technology
- Visual Communications
- Graphic Design-Honors
- Art of Video Production
- Video Production
- Computer Science Principles
- Coding II
- Intro to Engineering Design
- Principles of Engineering
- Engineering Design and Development
- Medical Careers
- Sports Medicine
- Culinary Arts
- Advanced Culinary
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management
As of January 1, 2017, after-school ROP courses will be limited to students who attend school in one of North Orange County ROP's five member school districts (Anaheim Union High School District, Brea Olinda Unified School District, Fullerton Joint Union High School District, Los Alamitos Unified School District, and Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District). If you are not enrolled in school in one of these school districts, you are not eligible to enroll in after-school courses offered through North Orange County ROP. This restriction is a result of changes to the ROP's funding sources. We regret the need to turn away any prospective students.
Career Guidance Specialist