The iSierra Online Academy does not send home report cards, nor do we enter grades into Aeries in the traditional fashion. However, in partnership with our digital curriculum provider, APEX Learning, we utilize a system called Coach Reports. As a parent/guardian, you have been designated as an academic coach for your student. Please nte that you MUST provide an e-mail address to use this system. If you do not already have one, we will help you create one at your student's enrollment/orientation.As a coach, you will receive weekly emails every Sunday that give you an overview of how your student isdoing in his/her APEX Learning course(s). You can use this information to keep an eye on your student's performance and as a conversation starter if he/she appears to be struggling.Here are a few pointers for understanding the Coach Report email.
Green: 80% or more activities are turned in ON SCHEDULE
- Stoplight: (Is my student falling behind in their work?) This color represents the On Schedule Percent - the number of graded activities a student has completed due through today divided by the total number of activities due through today.
Yellow: 60% to 79% activities are turned in ON SCHEDULE. This means there is a possibility 40% are not turned in. CAUTION!
Red: 59% or less are turned in on schedule. This means a failing percent of activities are not turned in. DANGER!!
- Quality of Work: (Is my student on track to pass the course?) This is the points the student has earned on completed activities divided by the points possible for completed activities.
- Grade to Date: (What is my student’s grade right now?) This is the points the student has earned on activities due divided by the points possible on activities due. (To be fair, this is only accurate if ALL assignments' grades are caught up at the time of the Coach Report e-mail, and that is not always possible). Check with your student's teacher is you would like clarification. The contact information is in About Us - Staff Directory.
- Last Access: (When did my student last open his/her course?) This tells you the date your student last accessed their course. All students should be accessing their courses daily. While Blended Learning students have a bit more leeway in regard to daily access, more than a few days without accessing their course is cause for concern. More than a week is cause for serious concern. Two or more weeks means a potential drop from the program. Please note: a student can access their course without actually working in it. See Detail Report below.
Questions?For more information about being a coach, you can watch the Coach Report Tutorial below and download the Coach Reports Getting Started Guide below.
- Detail Report: (Did my student work online yesterday/during the time he/she stated, etc..., and how long?) Select the Detail Report link next to the student's name for detailed information about how your student is spending their time in their course. This report tells you to the minute how many times and for how long each time your student was in their course.