- Fullerton Union High School
California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
Summative Assessments and California Science Test
Each year, students in high school participate in the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
This year, 11th grade students will take the following test(s),
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for mathematics (Grade 11)
- California Science Test (CAST)- once in high school (seniors that did not test last year will participate this year
The Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments and the CAST are online tests that measure what your student knows and is able to do. The tests include many different types of questions that allow students to interact with the test questions. Results help identify gaps in knowledge or skills early on so your child can get the support needed to be successful in school.
Fullerton Union HS will test students the week of April 8-11, 2019 and will be on block schedule
You are an important part of your child’s education. To help your child get ready for the test you can:
- Talk about the test with your child. Make sure they are not scared or anxious.
- Tell your child that you and their teacher have high expectations and are both there to help, every step of the way.
- Take a practice test with your child.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and a nutritious breakfast before testing.
To learn more about the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the CAST, go to the California Department of Education Parent Guides to Understanding Web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/parentguidetounderstand.asp.
You also can look at sample test questions on the practice tests, which can be found on the CAASPP Web Portal at http://www.caaspp.org/practice-and-training/index.html.