La Sierra High School Mission Statement
The Mission of La Sierra High School is to provide:
- Education To a Uniquely Diverse Student Population
- Using Research-Validated Strategies of Instruction
- Assessments that Promote Experiential Learning
- Cultivate Successful Life-Long Learners & Active Community Participation
Student Learning Outcomes
La Sierra Students will:Meet Academic Standards appropriate to their learning potential:
Demonstrate personal responsibility:
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, listen and speak effectively.
- Achieve competency in appropriate math levels.
- Demonstrate skill & knowledge in the use of technology.
- Acquire a broader, more comprehensive awareness of both natural & social sciences.
Develop respect for themselves and others:
- Practice goal setting.
- Acquire organizational skills
- Demonstrate accountability
- Develop skills for independent living.
- Gain an understanding of cultural and individual differences.
- Demonstrate appropriate social & behavioral skills.