Sonora High School Agriculture ProgramAgriculture provides the student with opportunities to develop an understanding of California's largest industry. California is the foremost agricultural state in the United States and offers many employment opportunities. Student learning is developed through classroom and outdoor activities where the student experiences agriculture with a "hands-on" approach.
Would you like to join Sonora FFA and become a member of the Raider Ranch? Please complete an application and return it to the office.Students showing the sheep they raised at the La Habra Valley Fair
- Possible Career Objectives for the Student with Agriculture Training
- Advertising/Marketing Manager Fair Manager Meat Buyer
- Agricultural Appraiser Fish and Wildlife Management Pest Control Advisor
- Agricultural Computer Programmer Floral Designer Produce Buyer
- Agricultural Consultant Food Processing Soil Scientist
- Agricultural Instructor Food Product Developer Veterinarian
- Animal Geneticist/Reproductive Golf Course Superintendent Veterinary Technician
- Specialist Greenhouse/Nursery Manager Wildlife Manager
- Animal Nutritionist Landscape Architecture
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship
The FFA motto gives members twelve short words to live by as they experience the opportunities in the organization.
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.