Academic Counseling

  • Counselor Contact Information: 

    Erin Murphy
    Students A-ESL
    Co-Lead Counselor/ROP Career Guidance Specialist 

    Diana Flores
    Students ESP-LO
    Co-Lead Counselor/ELD Coordinator 

    Jason Gallego
    Students LU-RE/AP Coordinator 

    Lauren Gasaway
    Students RH-Z/Counselor


    Graduation Status : Make sure all credits have been earned. See your counselor for credit recovery if you lost 1-2 credits in a course needed for graduation. 

    Apply to 4 year Universities/Colleges : Make a list of colleges with your majors.

    SENIORS: Check out the updated Comparison of Eligibility of Requirements for Freshman 

    Admission:  Apply early and within the Filing Periods:

    FAFSA: Seniors! FAFSA submission begins October 1st!

    Write an outstanding personal statement/essay on College Applications. (For UC application ideas, visit

    Make the most of personal references : Ask people who know you; prepare a neat and legible reference form; and give your references plenty of time to write an outstanding recommendation on your behalf (at least 2 weeks). For UC and Private Colleges .
    Keep a copy of all your application materials in a file for EACH college.
    Have your SAT I Reasoning (and SAT II Subject tests for UC. If taking Math, must be level 2) OR ACT (include Writing for UC) scores sent to the schools to which you’ve applied. If necessary, seniors may take/re-take the college entrance exams on October, November, or December dates.

    NCAA or NAIA : athletes need to update their profile online and have official transcripts and college entrance test results sent to NCAA, (Code 9999) or NEW THIS YEAR: N AIA (Code 9876). NAIA athletes must register this year ( ).

    EAP (Early Assessment Program) Results are available at . Placement test requirements for CSU and Community College will be waived if student earns EAP Exempt status.

    Apply to 2 year College : Filing Period begins in March. Take college placement exams in English and Math at chosen Community College ( ).

    Counseling 100: Consider learning more about Counseling 100 which will support your transition to the community college. See your counselor for more details. 


    • For assistance with the CSU system/application, sign up in Guidance Office to meet with our CSU Fullerton Rep. ( Tuesdays & Thursdays)
    • If you need to register for classes please see your counselor in the Guidance Office.
    • Use ADVANCE! Free help with University/College applications and FAFSA forms. For appointment, CALL (562) 691-2117
    • Visit the University/College campuses that you applied to or will be attending. Take a tour, ask questions and “get a feel” for the atmosphere where you will be spending the next 4-5 years.
    • Request your final official transcripts from the Registrar in room 10 to be sent to the college you will be attending.
    • Check your University email for all communication; including deadlines, admission status and updates.
    • Counseling 100 ... Please sign up with your counselor in the Guidance Office.