Summer School Information 2021
2021 First Session Summer School (Three Weeks)
- First Day of Student Attendance – Session 1 Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Tuesday thru Thursday, June 1 – June 3, 2021 (*Memorial Day Holiday Monday, May 31, 2021)
- Monday thru Thursday, June 7 – June 10, 2021
- Monday thru Thursday, June 14 – June 17, 2021
- Last Day of Student Attendance – Session 1 Thursday, June 17, 2021
2021 Second Session Summer School (Three Weeks)
- First Day of Student Attendance – Session 2 Monday, June 21, 2021
- Monday thru Thursday, June 21 – June 24, 2021
- Monday thru Thursday, June 28 – July 1, 2021
- Monday thru Thursday, July 6 – 8, 2021 (*July 4th holiday is observed on Monday, July 5, 2021)
- Last Day of Student Attendance – Session 2 Thursday, July 8, 2021
- ALL COURSES EXCEPT HEALTH WILL BE IN-PERSON - ON CAMPUS
- SCHEDULE - Monday through Thursday from 7:45 AM - 1:00 PM
- Students are encouraged to arrive on campus early to locate their classrooms. This information will also be viewable in AERIES.
- ALL students will need to go through passive and active screening until further notice. This means that Qualtrics must be completed prior to entering campus. Additionally, temperature checks will be completed upon arrival.
Need to Petition to Add a Summer Course
UPDATED PROCESS - You may petition to add a course by coming to Sonora High School IN-PERSON on the first day of the summer session.
- For students needing to retake a Fall course, you will petition on the first day of Session 1. June 1.
- For students needing to retake a Spring course, you will petition on the first day of Session 2. June 21.
There will be tables with sign-up sheets in the upper commons. We will take students on a first come first basis, space permitting.
Health is a two-week course that meets the district’s graduation requirement. Health will be offered completely online/virtually for students currently enrolled at Sonora High School in grades 9-11 as of the 2020-2021 school year. Additionally, you may take Health concurrently with another course. We will offer one on-campus section that is available from June 21 -July 8th by recommendation of a site administrator.
ALL INCOMING FRESHMAN MUST ATTEND
AN IN-PERSON ORIENTATION AND FINAL EXAM
Each Wave/Health Session has a specific Orientation Date and Time.
Please use this table as a guide.
Orientation Time Waves Week 7:45 9:45 11:45 Wave A 6/1- 6/10 Sec# 100 Sec# 300 Sec# 500 Wave B 6/7- 6/17 Sec# 101 Sec# 301 Sec# 501 Wave C 6/14- 6/24 Sec# 148 Sec# 200 Sec# 302 Wave D 6/21/- 7/1 Sec# 149 Sec# 201 Sec# 303 Wave E 6/28- 7/8 Sec# 150 Sec# 202 Sec# 304 Wave F 6/21-7/1 Sec# 151 -IN PERSON
The following information is for students who will take the FJUHSD Health course in summer school. Parents are encouraged to view the health curriculum demo, outlines, and informational links if they have any questions or concerns.
Summer School Principal