• CC


    Many students use a community college or another 2 year college as a stepping stone to a 4 year university and a Bachelor's degree. If you want to take this path, here's what you should do:

    • Make sure the credits you earn from your classes at the community college will count at your 4 year college so you can start there as a junior. This can save time and money.


    • Sign up for a transfer program at a community college. These programs include the same kinds of courses that you'd take in your first 2 years at a 4 year university. They're designed specifically to help you succeed at making the transition.


    To be eligible to apply to a community college, a student must be 18 years of age or hold his/her high school diploma. The student may participate in a Certificate or Degree program, or participate in the Transfer program (complete 60+ transferrable units and transfer to a four-year university as a junior).


    Placement testing is required in English and Math. The SAT or ACT are not required for admission.


    If eligible and interested in financial aid, you should complete the FAFSA or Dream Act Application (undocumented students).


    Check out http://ccapply.org for information about California Community Colleges.




    Community College options