ATTENTION ** ATHLETES
CALIFORNIA INTERSCHOLASTIC FEDERATION
CIF Southern Section
CONDENSED ELIGIBILITY RULES
STUDENTS, TO PROTECT YOUR ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY YOU MUST:
- Be under nineteen years of age prior to June 15
- Have reached the ninth grade
- Participate in no more than four seasons of the same sport after enrolling in the ninth grade
- Be scholastically eligible
- File an Application for Residential Eligibility if you have transferred from another school without a corresponding bona-fide change of residence by your parents/guardians, or you are a foreign student
- Since entering the ninth grade, not be in your ninth semester of attendance
- Meeting citizenship requirements
- Maintain amateur standing
- Not have participated in any tryout for a professional team
- Maintain in your school files an annual physical examination certifying that you are physically fit to try out and/or participate in athletic activities
YOUR ELIGIBILITY IS SUBJECT TO SPECIAL RULES:
(Questions should be directed to your school Coach and/or Athletic Director)
- Competition with an outside team during your high school season in the same sport is prohibited
- Participation on the varsity football team is prohibited until you have reached your 15th birthday (14 with a letter from your physician and parent)
- If you transfer from one school to another without a bona-fide change of residence by your parents/guardians, your eligibility is subject to special rules which may include non-participation at the varsity level.
- Students may participate in All-Star competition, between conclusion of the Southern Section season of sport and September 1.
You are urged to check with the Athletic Director or Coach
if you have any questions regarding your eligibility.
Competing when your are not eligible could subject your team to
If you are in doubt as to your eligibility status -
CHECK IT OUT!